Blog design and digital scrapbooking elements created by Adori Graphics »

Sunday, March 13, 2011

Small Wonder Baby Shower Invitations

This is a baby shower invitation that I made recently for my sister-in-law's good friend.  The baby is a girl and the soon-to-be mom wanted the colors to match the nursery -- purple, hot pink and orange.  When I first heard the color combo, I was scared out of my mind.  That is not a combo that I felt very comfortable with.  However, after finding this cute DSP at a local craft store, I had an idea!


I used the old SU color Lavender Lace for my card base.   Then accented it with some Pear Pizazz (loopy border), So Saffron (hippo's lower face), and some Melon Mambo as the hippo base (all that shows through is the flower design) and some pink polka dot DSP from my stash.  (I could not bring myself to add any more orange.  The design in the DSP will have to suffice!)


The only stamping I did on the card was the wording, which came from the SU Sale-A-Bration Set "Whimsical Words".  The hippo was cut out using the Create-a-Critter cartridge for the Cricut Personal Cutting Machine that I received from my mom (love her!!!) for Christmas.  Some googlie eyes and a clear rhinestone finish it off.  Anyway, I hope that Abby liked them!  They were fun to make!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Free blog design by Adori Graphics using the Every Woman digiscrapping kit by Adorible Digital Designs